From 9.30 am on 13th May 2020, the Government has permitted Residential Letting Agents and other Property Professionals to return to work and conduct their normal duties under a new set of Guidelines.
Here at Bassets we hold the safety of our Staff, our Clients and our Contractors in the highest regard and we have therefore formulated these simple Guidelines in relation to physical Viewings to comply with the Government’s advice.
Before your Viewing takes places, you must read and understand the following so you:
• Know in advance that you fulfil the requirements to enable your viewing to go ahead;
• Understand how your viewing will be conducted including any restrictions; and
• Appreciate the lengths we are going to, to ensure the safety of all of us.
• Before the viewing is to take place we will call on the morning to confirm your answers to the above questions and confirm you are still happy to proceed. Please note, if you or anyone in your household develop or show symptoms you must advise us and cancel the viewing immediately.
• If you, or a member of your household, develop ANY Covid-19 symptom, you must advise us and cancel the viewing.
• We will arrive at the property in good time, unlock the property, sanitise the external doors, ask the existing tenants to either vacate the property or occupy the garden (if possible), then sanitise and open all internal doors.
• We will then ask that you wear appropriate PPE (gloves & Face coverings) and allow you access to the property. Sadly, we will only allow two people (from the same household) in the property at any given time.
• You will not be permitted to touch anything during the Viewing and therefore do not require gloves. Wearing of a mask in an occupied property is mandatory, however.
• Social distancing must be practised at all times.
• If you require any documents such as Property Brochure, Application Form etc. These can be provided to you in a digital form, sent via email after the viewing/s.
• We will then ask that you return to our vehicle after the viewing and safely dispose of gloves (if you have used them) and sanitise your hands again.
• When we return to our vehicles after each Viewing, we will safely dispose of our gloves and use hand-gel to give our hands a good wash. We will also wipe any equipment we have used during the visit.
If at any point we feel the viewing cannot be carried out safely, we will cancel immediately!
If you would like to see the exact Government Guidelines on this, please follow this link: COVID-19 Home Move Advice